Monday, January 18, 2010

Recipe #4 Chicken Noodle Soup 3 ways

I actually made this over the weekend, but the actual process of the chicken noodle soup making, wore me out too much to post about it.....lol. The end results were  FABULOUS but it took forever(like 2 hours) for me to prepare everything. I suck at chopping veggies,and am very slow and methodical about it. I guess you could say I am challenged in that area.By the time this whole thing is over, i will be a chopping wiz.....lol

   Anyway, this recipe featured on Rachael's Yum-o website has 3 ways to cook chicken noodle soup. I did the traditional, but plan to make them all one day(you know, when I actually have a couple of hours to kill). I have only made chicken noodle soup once before, and this one turned out soo much better(it helps to use a recipe, who'da thunk it ?). It was a big hit with my family.Another first for me:cooking with bay leaves...............THEY ADD SOO MUCH FLAVOR!!!! Oh my goodness.I could have had the broth by itself, it was that good.Big Tip: be sure to take the leaves out before you serve.....lol. I know its kindve like "duh", but if you are a graduate of the "Cooking for Dummies" school like me,its a good reminder. Im just glad it was in my bowl and no one elses.....lol.

7 comments:

  1. Oh YUMMY. Perfect Blog to follow when you're hungry! LOL

    I'm here from the ♥I want BLOGGER followers♥~ EDITED swap and wanted to let you know that I am following your blog. Take care! GoingTwinsane

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's brnwebgrrl (Evelyn) from the swap-bot ♥I want BLOGGER followers♥ swap. Your blog is adorable. Good luck with all the cooking. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Rachel


    I am Bathina from Swap Boot.
    I love cooking too, when time is there.
    Your recipes are looking "lecker" ( tasty ) will search a nice one for the next weekend!

    Have a nice day! XXX Dani

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! It's mbkufen from swap-bot... Your blog is really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is JennieGee from swapbot, I'm starving now!LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello. This is Pam (CrazyOldShrew) from Swap-bot. I like your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Yum! Homemade chicken soup is always the best.
    Liz @ Observations n Such ♥I want BLOGGER followers♥~ Swap

    ReplyDelete